Today @ Colorado State has been replaced by SOURCE. This site exists as an archive of Today @ Colorado State stories between January 1, 2009 and September 8, 2014.
April 1, 2011
The Office for Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement (SLiCE) is now accepting applications for the position of Americorps Program Coordinator for the 2011-12 academic year.
AmeriCorps is a national service program initiated by President Clinton, often referred to as the “domestic Peace Corps.” The AmeriCorps program is federally funded through the Corporation for National and Community Service which also manages the Learn & Serve Program and the Senior Corps Program.
AmeriCorps provides thousands of Americans of all ages and backgrounds with education awards in exchange for community service. There are full-time and part-time AmeriCorps programs. Over 75,000 AmeriCorps members each year help to meet the nation’s critical needs in the areas of public safety, education, human needs, and the environment.
Colorado State University is a member of the UCAN Serve program that reaches across the Four Corners States: Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. The UCAN Serve program, part of the Colorado Campus Compact, is designed to strengthen campus and community partnership by engaging students in meaningful service. The UCAN Serve AmeriCorps program is a part-time education program, designed specifically for college students.
1) Be currently enrolled as a graduate student at CSU.
2) Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
3) Experience leading peers, including presenting in front of large groups.
4) Outgoing, creative, ability to take initiative and also be part of a team.
5) Organized, detail-oriented, ability to follow-up.
6) Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7) Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
8) Ability to build relationships with peers, faculty and staff.
9) Dependable, flexible, highly motivated.
1) Maintain 20 hours of office hours per week on average.
2) Maintain up to date and organized files including member enrollment and tracking of hours
3) Attend all staff and supervision meetings.
4) Participate in office events including special events, volunteer days, trainings, and public relations events.
5) Provide end of semester and end of year reports in December and May.
6) Attend mandatory SLICE office retreat/trainings in August 2011 and January 2012.
Pay Rate: $15.25 per hour
Job Classification: Student Coordinator/999991
This position will begin June 24, 2011 and end in August 2012. An opportunity to renew the contract at the end of the year will depend on work performance. All school holidays are recognized.
Interested parties should submit letter of interest and resume to:
Office for Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement
Main level, Lory Student Center
Fort Collins, CO 80523-8040
Preference will be given to applications received by May 13, 2011.
Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all the Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity is located in 101 Student Services. In order to assist Colorado State University in meeting affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to so identify themselves.
Contact: Jen Johnson
Phone: (970) 689-2175