Bookstore buyback information
May 4, 2010
Textbook buyback is a CSU Bookstore-sponsored event that takes place at the end of the term in an effort to recycle titles that will be used in the future.
Triple-win for you, CSU Bookstore, next-term students
Buyback is a triple-win situation where current students get cash for selling their books, bookstores get in-demand used titles to put on their shelves, and future students are offered money-saving used editions next term.
Buying and selling used books benefits everyone involved by cutting costs and reducing the environmental strain of additional textbook printing.
Textbook buyback schedule
We offer four convenient locations to sell back your unwanted textbooks:
CSU Bookstore (Lory Student Center)
- Wednesday, May 5 – Friday, May 7, 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 8, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, May 10 – Friday, May 14, 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Outside Clark C (west side)
- Wednesday, May 5, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday & Friday, May 6 & 7, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 10 - Thursday, May 13, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 14, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Moby parking lot (west side)
- Wednesday, May 5, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, May 6 & Friday May 7, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Monday May 10 – Thursday, May 13, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, May 14, 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Durrell Dining Center
- Monday, May 10 – Friday, May 14, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Here's how to get the most money at buyback:
- Even if you originally bought the book "used" you can still sell it back — we pay the same amount whether you originally purchased it new or used.
- Sell early - You'll usually get the best price if you sell unwanted texts to the CSU Bookstore as soon as buyback begins.
- During the end-of-the-term buyback we pay top dollar for books, so don't wait until the beginning of the next term.
- Bring any CDs, video tapes, or charts that came with the book. Missing items may mean less money.
- Highlighting in your book does not decrease its value.