Wellness Zone donate-a-phone week
April 10, 2009
This week is the "donate-a-phone" campaign. Check out all the events and offerings the Wellness Zone has to offer for the week of April 13-17.
Did you know?
- Every two minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.
- One out of every six American women has been victim to an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.
- College age women are four times more likely to be sexually assaulted.
You can help!
Do you have phones (even non functioning ones) lying around? Please consider donating your old phones at the Wellness Zone.
All phones will be donated to the Crossroads Safehouse in Fort Collins. Crossroads offers free safe housing, advocacy, legal assistance, transitional housing, and education for abused women and children.
Additionally at the Zone:
Tuesday, April 14
- Do you ever wonder "what if" when it comes to your sexual encounters? Join the Sexpert for role playing of potential scenerios and consequences! 12-2 p.m.
- Are final projects and endless papers making your mind fuzzy? Come in for a Mind Clearing session with our Energy Therapist, 1-3 p.m.
- Have questions about how to perform better in your tests and projects? The Study Advisor will be on hand to provide you with great study tips, 2-3 p.m.
- Chair Massage,1:10-3:10 p.m.
Wednesday, April 15
- Questions on how to stay healthy and find the time to incorporate fitness into your life? Talk to the Physical Trainer, 9:45 a.m.-11:45 p.m.
- The Bio-Feedback Machine is here! Come try it out, experience its versatility, and see your stress melt away. The Stress-pert will also be in 12-2 p.m. to assist you with it.
- Chair Massage, 2:30-2:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 16
- Having a trouble breaking a habit? Stop by the Zone to see the Psychologist, 12-2 p.m. for information and tips on changing bad habits.
- Do you push aside studying to text or talk on the phone? Talk with the Study Skillspert to get some guidance on how to stop procrastinating, 12-2 p.m.
- Chair Massage, 12-2 p.m.
Friday, April 17
- What does it mean to be consenting adults? Where do you go to get help for sexual assaults? Meet our Conflict Specialists to learn about the answers to these questions and more, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Chair Massage, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
The Wellness Zone is located on the main floor of the Lory Student Center next to the CSU Bookstore. We are open 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please call (970) 491-2634 or visit the Wellness Zone to learn more about our programs and services.
Contact: Sagarika Sarma
Phone: (970) 491-2634