Apply to be a Ram Welcome Leader
March 23, 2010
Do you want to lead? Apply to be a Ram Welcome Leader and serve on a team with one purpose: welcoming new students and their families to CSU!
Now accepting applications
Orientation & Transition Programs in the Center for Advising & Student Achievement is currently accepting applications for 2010 Ram Welcome Leaders!
"Ram Welcome: Experience CSU" is the next phase in the orientation and transition experience that began at Preview Orientation or Next Step Orientation. All new first year and transfer students will attend Ram Welcome.
Ram Welcome helps new students feel part of the CSU community, learn important traditions, and discover what it means to be a CSU Ram. This year’s Ram Welcome will take place Aug. 19-22, 2010.
Mentor incoming students
Ram Welcome Leaders (RWLs) serve as the primary mentors and role models for new students, families and guests during Ram Welcome by:
- Serving as the primary student leadership team behind the program by guiding and connecting new students
- Working collaboratively as part of a larger Orientation Team (which includes both Orientation Leaders and Ram Welcome Leaders) and Residence Life Staff to ensure that students are attending Ram Welcome events
- Leading a small group of students through the Ram Welcome experience by setting a positive tone, creating excitement and energy for Ram Welcome programs and having informal discussions with students regarding the transition to CSU
- Attending an extensive two day leadership development training
- Demonstrating to new students what it means to be a CSU Ram
Applications due April 7
Detailed position information and application instructions are available online at www.otp.colostate.edu. Applications are due online April 7, 2010 by 5 p.m.
For questions or more information, e-mail Keith Lopez or Erika Green, or call (970) 491-6011.
Contact: Rachel Gaisford
Phone: (970) 491-4898