Today @ Colorado State has been replaced by SOURCE. This site exists as an archive of Today @ Colorado State stories between January 1, 2009 and September 8, 2014.
Updated March 9, 2010
Time is running out to submit nominations for the 2010 Multi-Ethnic Distinguished Service Awards to be presented at the University's annual Celebrate Colorado State! awards ceremony on Tuesday, April 27, 2010.
The purpose of the awards is to honor individuals who have made outstanding contributions to their profession and the multi-ethnic community. We will honor an academic faculty, administrative professional, and state classified member.
These awards are presented in recognition of the nominee’s service within the University and surrounding communities which has served to:
• Enhance the awareness and status of diverse individuals and groups
• Foster acceptance and understanding between the majority population and persons of color, and/or
• Strengthen multicultural and inclusion efforts for under-represented people
The Multi-Ethnic Distinguished Services Awards Committee will select the award recipients. Although the race or ethnicity of the nominee is not a dominant factor, it may be a consideration in the selection process. The nomination materials need to contain the following:
• A formal letter of nomination, including specific information (e.g., dates, activities, etc.) of the individual’s contributions to enhancing diversity
• A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
Previous award winners are not eligible. To see a complete list of previous recipients please visit: http://www.diversity.colostate.edu/memberships.aspx.
Please nominate any academic faculty, administrative professional or state classified staff member by Friday, March 19, 2010 (deadline extended). Nominations should be sent or e-mailed to:
Office of Equal Opportunity
101 Student Services Building
0160 Campus Delivery
The awards will be made during Celebrate Colorado State! awards presentation scheduled for April 27, 2010.
Contact: Michelle Riesel
Phone: (970) 491-5836