Update from the Division of University Operations
June 22, 2010
New leadership in five areas of the Division of University Operations will become official with the start of the 2011 fiscal year on July 1, 2010.
These changes include the successful search for a new Director for the Office of Equal Opportunity, the promotion of a longtime CSU employee to lead Environmental Health Services, and changes within the Office of Procurement and Contracting Services and the University Policy and Compliance Office.
Additionally, Vice President for University Operations Amy Parsons also announced that, beginning July 1, the Office of Procurement and Contracting Services will be restructured into two separate offices: Office of Purchasing and Office of Contracting Services. The Office of Purchasing will now report directly to Lynn Johnson, Associate Vice President for Finance and Budget. The Office of Contracting Services will continue to report to Vice President Parsons.
Among the new appointments are:
- Diana Prieto, Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity: After a nationwide search, Diana has accepted an offer to serve as CSU’s next Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity following the retirements of Dana Hyatt and Roselyn Cutler. Prieto has served in a similar role at Purdue University for the past 15 years and brings a tremendous amount of knowledge, experience, and talent to the new position. Formerly the Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity, the oversight of diversity issues has been shifted to the new Vice President for Diversity, Mary Ontiveros, which was announced by President Frank in January: http://www.president.colostate.edu/campus-messages/january-27-2010-diversity.aspx.
- Jim Graham, Director of Environmental Health Services: Following an internal search, Jim has accepted an offer to serve as Director of EHS. Graham has held various positions within EHS since 1996 and has a proven track record of providing high quality services and leadership in the many critical areas within EHS. Jim takes over the position following the retirement of Earlie Thomas.
- Bob Schur, Director of the Office of Policy and Compliance: Bob has accepted an offer to transfer from his position as Director of Procurement and Contracting Services to serve as Director of the Office of Policy and Compliance. Drawing on his legal expertise and over 10 years of experience at CSU including as Contracts Manger and Associate Legal Counsel, Bob will be responsible for documenting University policies and guiding the development and implementation of new policies. He will also establish and implement effective compliance programs and act as a policy advisor to the Vice President for University Operations. Rick Collins, previous Policy Office Director, will be transferring to Facilities Management on July 1, to focus on policy and compliance issue specific to Facilities.
- Donna Aurand, Director of Contracting Services: Donna has accepted an offer to serve as Director of Contracting Services, and will also carry a designation as Special Assistant Attorney General of the State of Colorado, allowing her to review and sign contracts for legal sufficiency. Donna has served in positions at CSU since 1996, including as Deputy General Counsel in the Office of General Counsel.
- Frank Krappes, Interim Director of Purchasing: Frank, current Associate Director of the Office of Procurement and Contracting Services, will serve as Interim Director of the Office of Purchasing, following Bob Schur’s move to the University Policy and Compliance Office. Frank brings over 25 years of service and experience at CSU to his new position.
Parsons said these appointments and adjustments will strengthen the Division’s ability to manage services and provide the CSU community with strong leadership in the essential areas of Equal Opportunity, Contracting, Policy and Compliance, Environmental Health, and Purchasing.
Contact: Nik Olsen
Phone: (970) 491-5507