Today @ Colorado State has been replaced by SOURCE. This site exists as an archive of Today @ Colorado State stories between January 1, 2009 and September 8, 2014.
May 18, 2009
Enhancing your job search strategy in an uncertain economy.
You may have heard the news that jobs are being cut and unemployment is rising. Here are some tips to help you stay ahead and still land a great job after graduation.
- Create a focused resume to match each job description you apply for.
- If you experience a gap in employment take action.
- Meet people through networking.
- Don’t rely on job boards.
- Set yourself apart.
- Offer to work for an employer on a trial (payment free) basis.
- Don’t hold out for your “ideal” job, be open to the opportunities that are presented and develop skills and become more marketable for the future.
- Think, innovate and sell the skills that enable you to think and create.
- Explore options beyond your major.
- Work with friends.
- Meet with a CSU Career Center Counselor/Liaison.
Contact: Career Center
Phone: (970) 491-5707