Today @ Colorado State has been replaced by SOURCE. This site exists as an archive of Today @ Colorado State stories between January 1, 2009 and September 8, 2014.

Students

The Price of CSU April 23

April 18, 2014

On April 23, CSU Presidential Ambassadors will present The Price of CSU. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., all students are invited to stop by, have some fun and learn about what it really takes to run the university we love.

What is the true cost?

Student tuition and fees account for 27 percent of CSU’s revenue. This 27 percent is almost exclusively applied to delivering education. Where does the other 73 percent come from? This staggering fact is why the Presidential Ambassadors want you to stop by Newton Plaza.

“The university couldn’t run without our generous donors,” said senior business major and second-year ambassador Chris Feller. “I think every student needs to understand how important donors are, because there are people behind the scenes that you never even think of or know about, that are supporting student education and allowing them to live a better life and accomplish their dreams.”

Nationwide event

Students who are unaware of the true cost of running the university are not uncommon. Tuition Runs Out is a nationwide event to raise awareness of private giving as well as recognize those people who give college students the opportunity for higher education.

“I didn’t know much about the price of CSU when I first started working as a presidential ambassador,” said senior health and exercise science major Amanda Trinh. “I never realized how much went into running an entire university. A lot of things CSU does wouldn’t be possible without these donations.”

The unique aspect of The Price of CSU is that it is an interactive event, with students at the helm. CSU students will learn what it takes to run the university from peers who are in the same shoes.

“All we’re trying to do as fellow students is get the word out,” Trinh said. “If we don’t have the knowledge, we don’t know about all the amazing things happening here.”

Stop by April 23

The CSU Presidential Ambassadors want everyone to come by, have some fun and be ready to learn.

“To me, it’s really an event about good, in-depth conversation,” Feller said. “Last year, I had so many great conversations with students. A lot of people just don’t know about the support that we need to provide such a world-class education.

“It’s a lot of just sharing information that we want to share with CSU students, in addition to hearing their feedback and what they think.”

With plenty of activities, giveaways, and even a photo booth, CSU students should not miss out on The Price of CSU. 

“It’s going to be a fun time out at Newton’s Plaza,” said Feller.