Planning for Preview
Updated June 8, 2010
For many students, embarking on a new journey can be overwhelming and frightening, and the transition from high school to college is no exception. That's why we've compiled a list, obtained from various sources, to help make your Preview a successful transition into the collegiate world. Welcome, Newbies.
Before you arrive:
- Establish your eID
- Send in your immunization forms to:
Colorado State University
Hartshorn Health Service
Fort Collins, CO 80523-8031
FAX (970) 491-0268
During Preview, you will:
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for fall classes .
- Learn about graduation requirements.
- Take the MPE proctored exam, must have a photo ID (if applicable).
- Take a Foreign Language Placement proctored exam (if applicable).
- Get your Ram Card (a charge will be assessed to your student account).
- Order your textbooks from the CSU Bookstore via TextRes.
- Meet other students.
- Explore campus involvement opportunities, such as ASAP, Student Media, or SLiCE.
- Learn about academic resources and student services on campus to help you succeed.
Things to bring to Preview:
- A photo ID, such as a driver's license
- Immunization forms (if you haven't already mailed them to Hartshorn Health Service)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Necessary toiletries for overnight lodging
Visit Orientation Programs for more information on Preview or call (970) 491-6011.