Textbook buyback is here at the CSU Bookstore
May 13, 2009
You'll get 50 percent of the new book price on over 1,000 titles, even if you bought used! Now through noon on Saturday, May 16.
Here's how to get the most money at buyback:
- Encourage instructors to get their book orders for the next term to the CSU Bookstore before buyback begins. If we have a textbook order for the next semester, when you come to sell your books, you'll get a much better price.
- Even if you originally bought the book "used" you can still sell it back — we pay the same amount whether you originally purchased it new or used.
- Sell early - You'll usually get the best price if you sell unwanted texts to the CSU Bookstore as soon as buyback begins.
- During the end-of-the-term buyback we pay top dollar for books, so don't wait until the beginning of the next term.
- Bring any CDs, video tapes, or charts that came with the book. Missing items may mean less money.
- Highlighting in your book does not decrease its value.
Textbook Buyback Schedule May 6-16
CSU Bookstore (in the Lory Student Center)
- Weekdays, May 6 thru May 15, 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 16, 6 a.m. to 12 noon
West side of Clark Building (outside)
- Wednesday, May 6, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Weekdays, May 7 thru May 14, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 15, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Moby Drive Thru
- Wednesday, May 6, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Weekdays, May 7 thru May 14, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, May 15, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Weekdays May 11 thru May 15, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Daily Store Buyback
We buy books back from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday throughout the semester. Buyback is located at the lower level east counter of the store.
Buyback for Distance Learning Students
We do offer BUYBACK for our Distance Learning Students. Please contact Kris.Townsend@colostate.edu. Kris will be happy to assist you sell your unwanted books.
How are Buyback prices determined?
The CSU Bookstore is here to help students reduce their textbook costs by buying back their books for as much as possible. The prices are not set arbitrarily; they are set using a specific system. Here's how it works:
- If the CSU Bookstore knows a professor plans to use the book the next semester:
- The CSU Bookstore will usually pay 50 percent of the current new price of the book (whether the book was purchased 'new' or 'used') until the quantity needed for the next semester is met. For example, if a textbook costs $100 new, at BUYBACK you will usually be paid $50. If you paid $75 for a used copy of the same book, at BUYBACK you still get $50 - same price whether you bought the book new or used!
- Once the needed quantity has been purchased, the CSU Bookstore works with a national used book dealer who may purchase the book directly from students. The price offered depends on several factors determined by the dealer. The CSU Bookstore has no influence on this price. Books purchased by the national used book dealer are boxed and shipped daily.
- If the CSU Bookstore doesn't know if a professor plans to use a book again or if the professor has said the book will NOT be used again, then:
- A national used book dealer may purchase the book directly from the students. The price offered depends on several factors determined by the dealer. The CSU Bookstore has no influence on this price. Books purchased by the dealer are boxed and shipped daily.
Visit the buyback website.