Today @ Colorado State has been replaced by SOURCE. This site exists as an archive of Today @ Colorado State stories between January 1, 2009 and September 8, 2014.

Facilities / Parking

Frequently asked parking questions get some answers

Updated August 5, 2009

It is the mission of Colorado State University Parking Services to manage parking resources in a manner that supports the campus activities and enhances life in the community.

Protect your permit

Your permit is like a credit card. If you loan it out, you are responsible for any tickets issued against it. If it is lost or stolen, report it immediately to Parking Services or the CSU Police Department.

Summer Parking

During the summer session, parking lots 'Q', 'W', 'X', and 'Z' are available for parking without a permit. All other lots will be enforced as usual.


Here are questions that Parking Services get almost daily. Before you park on campus, read about where to park, when to park, and how to appeal a citation.

Where can I park?
  • Commuter students are eligible for 'Z' permits.
  • Students residing in Allison, Parmelee or Corbett residence halls are eligible for 'Q' permits.
  • Students residing in Braiden or Newsom residence halls are eligible for 'W' permits.
  • Students residing in other residence halls are eligible for 'X' permits.
  • Faculty and staff are eligible for 'A' permits.
  • Housing and food service staff are eligible for 'B' permits.
  • For parking lot locations, see the color-coded campus parking map.
How long do I have to purchase a permit after I arrive at CSU?
  • Permits are required at all times and may be purchased at Parking Services (201 Green Hall, corner of Laurel and Loomis).
  • New students may park at meters for the appropriate payment. Meters accept coins (nickels, dimes and quarters.)
  • Daily 'Z' permits may be purchased from the Parking Services office or from the permit dispensers in the Moby Gym Lot (#195), in the Spruce Hall Lot (#330), in the Visual Arts Lot (#505), in the University Square Lot (#575), or in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital Lot (#725).
  • See the Parking Regulations for further information.
Where does my permit go?

Peel liner from face of permit and apply to the inside of front window on the lower passenger's side. Permit is valid only when displayed unobstructed.

What if I have a soft top, Jeep, or convertible, or my car won't lock?

You need to request a vehicle-specific permit, as the replacement fee for lost or stolen permits is $35.

What if I change vehicles?

The permit is transferable to any vehicle you drive. If you have a vehicle-specific semester or yearly permit, we can list multiple license plate numbers on the permit.

What if I get a parking citation that I don't think I deserved?

One appeal may be filed on any citation. Appeals must be filed within 14 days of citation issue date. Written appeals may be filed in person at Parking Services or online.

What do I do if I have a visitor?

Contact Parking Services to discuss various alternatives.

Can I park in a carpool stall if my friends ride with me one day?

No. Valid carpool permits are required for any vehicle parked in a carpool stall.

If you have any questions about parking, call the Parking Services office at (970) 491-7041.

Contact: Parking Services
Phone: (970) 491-7041