Today @ Colorado State has been replaced by SOURCE. This site exists as an archive of Today @ Colorado State stories between January 1, 2009 and September 8, 2014.


Register your party to avoid a ticket - last day!

May 16, 2009

Friday, May 15 is your last chance to register your party at Off-Campus Student Services. Registering your party may help prevent you from getting an expensive noise ticket. 

Registering your party is simple!

1. Visit Off-Campus Student Services, LSC Room 195, to register party. Office is open M-Friday (7:30-5pm).

2. We will record your name, address, phone number, date of party, and e-mail address.
3. If a noise complaint is received by the Fort Collins Police during the evening in which you registered, then they will contact the party host by phone to let them know their party needs to be broken up. Party hosts who receive the warning will have 20 minutes to break up the party on their own.  

• If a second noise complaint is received after the 20-minute period, the police will send an officer to your home to deal with the noise.

• If you find that your guests will NOT leave your home despite your requests, please call FCPS at the non-emergency number and ask for police assistance (970) 221-6540 in breaking up your party.

• The warning process is related to noise complaints only. If there are calls received on your property that deal with violence, fire, property damage, theft, or other serious complaints, an officer may respond in person.

• By giving students the opportunity to break up their party on their own, students will hopefully avoid a noise ticket and neighbors will be more satisfied (than if an officer responded in person) since the noise should dissolve at a faster pace.


If you have any questions, feel free to contact Melissa Emerson at (970) 491-6707 or

Contact: Melissa Emerson
Phone: (970) 491-6707