Today @ Colorado State has been replaced by SOURCE. This site exists as an archive of Today @ Colorado State stories between January 1, 2009 and September 8, 2014.


International travel registration for CSU students

June 20, 2012

All CSU students (undergraduate, graduate and in professional programs) are required to register their international travel with the Study Abroad office. This is a requirement set by the Provost’s Office so that CSU is aware of where CSU students are traveling for all reasons including study, conferences, research, service learning, field study or other non-classroom based education abroad.

  • Students participating in for-credit study abroad programs complete this requirement as part of their application paperwork for the CSU Study Abroad office. 
  • Students traveling internationally for other purposes (typically not-for-credit, such as for conferences, field work, service learning, research, etc.) must also register their international travel with the Study Abroad office. This is a different process from the for-credit study abroad application process. 

Non-classroom international travel abroad

If you are student traveling abroad for any reason on CSU business or on CSU funding, please visit the Study Abroad websiteRegister your non-credit travel.

There are a few sections, which only take 15-20 minutes to complete on average. Included are helpful resources related to travel, visas, health and safety, etc. Once everything is complete, the travel is authorized, and students will receive an email from the Study Abroad office to attach to pre-trip departmental paperwork as it is routed for signatures. Incomplete applications will affect reimbursement of CSU sponsored travel expenses and future international travel.

Contact the Office of International Programs Study Abroad team for international travel or study questions.

Contact: Shamera Loose
Phone: (970) 491-2829